A Day With The Ducks



This morning we went to Western Springs to feed the ducks, and were greeted by not only hungry ducks, but ravenous geese, pigeons, sparrows, seagulls and pukekos!Unruffled by the noisy creatures Cole continued riding his bike through the lot of them, almost running down a couple of cheeky geese who got too close.
After having bits of bread snatched from his fingers Cole finally got the idea of feeding the birds. The geese ofcourse were very brave and nearly got his fingers with the bread a few times. The only other brave birds were a pukeko and a duckling (in photo number 4) who was missing half his beak :( and couldn't pick the bread up from the ground. So we took upon ourselves to see the wee thing was well fed before we moved on to the playground. For one piece of bread (the one in the photo) the duckling leapt up to reach it in Cole's hand.
We weren't at the playground for long, Cole has discovered that if he lifts his feet of the ground while he's on his bike it will take off down a hill at high speeds. Lucky for me I had my sneakers on...
As he zoomed down one hill we were intercepted by some Japanese tourists who wanted their photos taken with Cole. He wasn't sure what to make of it, but mummy thought it was pretty hilarious!! Coming down the hill behind us were two more little boys on their bikes who were also quickly intercepted and photographed - They must develop their photos when they get home and have nothing but pics of kiwi kids.
We collected some feathers on our travels, which will no doubt find their way to Tots Corner to be shared with the other kids.
After all that exercies we are both very tired and I'm wishing I wasn't too busy for a nap myself!
Cole spent his first night away from home without mum and dad on Friday night. He had lots of fun with Grandma and Grandad at their house - he even got to ride his bike inside and wash the dishes, ah, simple pleasures!
Oh, and new words for the week - 'help please', and 'up please'.
Til next week...

1 Comments:
At 6:47 AM ,
House Dad said...
Hey Bex...I've no regrets about the article at all andit's always a pleasure to help anyone. I truly wrote it as I do things by never ever reading instructions, so the ticker and link took me ages. I do know that the new template that I'm using is a lot easier to add stuff into. The gap is just at the bottom and I just copy and paste stuff into it. When I make changes, I just paste the code that the site gives me into a spot in the template and then click the preview button. You then get to see if it worked. If it does, then I click 'save changes' Look in your template for the 'google news' link and paste this over this bit in: jarvistahi.blogspot.com/">The World of Jarvis Tahi
Leave all the letters and stuff either side. The system does not allow me to paste all the code here. It sees it as spam.
That should work. The Lilly Pie one took me ages, but it seems to work now. Have a go and if it does not work let me know either way at: lee.ade@bigpond.com and we'll work something out.
It's just after 4am and I've just got up to give Jarvee some medicine for his teething!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home